Bird Gyms Assembly Instructions
NSTRUCTION FOR SINGLE LEVEL TO 6 STORY GYMS
• Remove all pieces but do not take off any of the colored tape. Each piece is deliberately bound to its corresponding level.
• First Things First: NEVER over-tighten the nuts (this can strip the bolts from the wood large dowels)
• If you look under the base, you will see where a marker has designated the front of the gym. ALWAYS make sure you know which end is the front when putting the playpen together.
• The long, thick wooden rods are the supporting poles of the gym. Look at the color of the tape attached to their bolts so you can place them in the corresponding platform holes on the first level that are marked with the identically colored tape.
• While they are resting in the holes, make sure the holes drilled into the side of the poles are facing each other so you can place the correct dowels in them (again colored tape marks which dowel goes where), thus connecting the poles together. Once you have the poles in place and the dowels between them you can then put the washers and nuts underneath the base and tighten them. Softly move the gym onto its side so you can access the underside. You will see the bolts from the poles sticking through the holes in the bottom of the platform. Place a washer and a nut on the bold and tighten loosely. (Remember to refer to the color picture at this point to make sure you have everything assembled correctly so far.)
You can put this level together before you attach it to the base. Now for the Second Level: Take the poles that are taped to correspond to the platform of the second level, and put them into the holes. Remember to face them correctly so the dowel will fit between them. Look underneath platform and fasten poles loosely in place with washers and nuts just as you did with the first level.
• Place the second level on top of the two poles in the middle/back of the first level. Their bolts should stick UP through the platform of the second level. Place the washers and nuts in place. Once you have the first and second levels done you can do the same to the next level or if you have 5 and 6 levels do the same thing. Once you have all the levels done and the gym is tightened you can put the white plastic plugs over the holes drilled in the gym for the nuts. Push them down tight. These plugs are there to keep birds from chewing at the holes where nuts are placed and can be removed if you need to remove them with a knife going all the way around them and then lifting them out.
• Now you can tighten the nuts on the bottom of the first level and underneath the second level and so on.
• It's time to glue in the pieces that can't be bolted together. Make sure you use non-toxic glue like Elmer’s white glue. The glue dries quickly, so make sure the pieces are pushed in tightly and straight. Hold for a few moments while the glue sets. On the large dowels where there are heavy swings etc., to get them straight glue these in laying flat prior to installation onto the base. (Sometimes the dowel is slightly smaller than the hole drilled, this is beyond our control.) Pieces to glue in are steps and small pieces that aren't connected to other poles.
• After you are sure the glue is dry, add your toys (to the metal hooks, etc.) Sometimes the toys are already attached to the hooks if they come with the gym but can be moved around to where ever you would like them. Now you can push the feeding cups into the holes that have been drilled for them either on the base levels or other levels of the gym... YOU ARE DONE!
PLAYPEN IS ALL-WASHABLE. IF YOU TAKE THEM OUTSIDE AND USE THE HOSE ALWAYS DRY THEM WITH A TOWEL AND LET THEM SIT IN THE SUN.
WE HOPE THAT YOU AND YOUR BIRDS WILL LOVE OUR PRODUCT AS MUCH AS WE ENJOY MAKING THEM